Tuesday, April 12, 2011

IT"S 311!

I would like to share with you one of my favorite bands. You might wonder why i'm posting about such a band as 311. One thing that sticks out to me about 311 is that they are positive. I think that is one thing the world struggles with today. The news is always about disasters. Rumors about wars and contentions. It's something our communities struggle with. Finding faults with people and their weaknesses. Last of all it's something our personal lives struggle with. Including me. We are always looking for what went bad that day to tell people. Looking for sympathy.
It's a good time to see how we can bring more positivity in our lives. I know that Jesus can help us with this with a thing called faith. With faith we can look at things from a different perspective than others see it as or as the world sees it. In the words of 311 "One day you'll see the clear blue, BEYOND THE GRAY SKY.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome blog Elder!
    Negativism and cynicism stem from Satan, but cheerfulness and optimism stem from Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true. Somedays I'm "all mixed up... don't know what to do" and I feel like "I wanna make a mess. I wanna blow off stress. I wanna stoke the fire. Just creatures for awhile". BUT I have to keep the faith! If I don't then I allow that anger to well up inside of me. Ugh. We need to stay positive so that we can have the Spirit with us! Way good blog Elder Merrell.

    ReplyDelete