Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hope of the Resurrection

In the book of Job poses a question "If a man die shall he live again?" Most certainly. Why is the resurrection so essential to know about in this life?
The other day I went to the doctor and i've had these dry skin patches on my body. Something called psoriasis. He told me that i've had it for my whole life and I will continue to have it for the rest of my life. I was pretty bummed but it's not a big deal. Comparitive to cancer or diabetes it looks like nothing. But as I thought about it when we we're done planning, an answer came into my mind. The resurrection of course. A thing so vital about the gospel that I didn't even think of. All of our pains and our sicknesses on earth will be done away with in the resurrection when we obtain our perfect bodies.
 Alma 40:23 The soul shall be restored to the body, and the body to the soul; yea, and every limb and joint shall be restored to its body; yea, even a hair of the head shall not be lost; but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame.
I know this thing I have will be gone. I will have a perfect body in the resurrection. This is possible because our Savior was resurrected.
 Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

No comments:

Post a Comment